6 Things You Need to Know Before Taking an Everglades Airboat Tour
If speeding over a river of grass looking for gators, eagles, and other amazing nature sounds like fun, then you are in need of a Florida Everglades airboat adventure.
it’s one of the main reasons people from all over the globe visit Florida and the Florida Everglades.
Our visitors never seem to tire of coming out to the heart of the Florida Everglades for an airboat ride through the swamps that cover 2,200 acres that is Big Cypress Seminole Reservation. The Florida Seminole Tribe has called Big Cypress home for nearly 3,000 years. Remarkably, not much has changed. But, if you have never been on an airboat, there is a few things you ought to know:
- It’s Real– An airboat ride is like an amusement park thrill ride, only it’s real. The animals you see on an airboat live in their natural environment. You’re playing in their backyard!
- You’re Safe– Billie Swamp Safari airboat guides have years of experience (many are Seminole themselves). The ride on an airboat may seem like a white-knuckle experience, but our guides practice safety first.
- It’s a Little Loud– The engine on an airboat can be loud, but that’s why we provide ear protection equipment on all our airboats. Put the earplugs in and enjoy the ride!
- It’s Beyond Cool– Hopefully, you’ll see more than you could ever imagined! But remember, these are wild animals and we don’t pay them to act a part. it depends on the time of year, and time of day. The Everglades can be unpredictable. Mornings are usually best, when animals are most active!
- Can My Kids Ride on an Airboat?– Children must be at least 4 years of age and accompanied by an adult. Safety for everyone is our first concern.
- Have Questions?– Ask away! Our airboat guides have been on the Florida Everglades for most of their lives. They know where the best wildlife spots are, and they are very knowledgeable about the creatures you will likely encounter along the way.
So, what are you waiting for? Come to the Florida Everglades today and experience the wild! We have exciting fun for the whole family. We suggest our award-winning Swamp Buggy Eco-Tour next before taking in a live critter show. For more information go to Billie Swamp Safari or call us at 1800-GO-Safari. Please note our staff loves your pets too, but they are not permitted in the park. Please do us a favor, and leave them at home. Any pet found in a car will be removed (for their safety) at the owners expense. Bring us a picture instead. We love show offs!
About Florida Seminole Tourism (FST)
The Seminole Tribe of Florida is a federally recognized Indian Tribe. FST is a top Florida Everglades adventure, learning and camping destination. We share the excitement and wonder of the Florida Everglades to visitors from around the globe. Our award-winning Everglades attractions including Billie Swamp Safari, Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum, and Big Cypress RV Resort & Campground.